City or suburb? Here’s how Pierrefonds-Roxboro offers you both!
3 February 2022
What if it was possible to live in the great outdoors AND take part in the hustle and bustle of the city? Pierrefonds-Roxboro, a borough in the northwest of the island of Montreal, offers all that to you. Between the city and the countryside, imagine the benefits that this locality has to offer: The largest […]
What if it was possible to live in the great outdoors AND take part in the hustle and bustle of the city? Pierrefonds-Roxboro, a borough in the northwest of the island of Montreal, offers all that to you.
Between the city and the countryside, imagine the benefits that this locality has to offer:
- The largest nature park on the island of Montreal: numerous trails and magnificent viewpoints, bordered by the water
- Located near Highway 40: quick access to the city centre by car or public transit
- A sparkling epicentre: easy access to shops and services
- Recognized as a pleasant and welcoming place: an ideal living environment for families and retirees
Here are the 4 main attractions of Pierrefonds-Roxboro, combining the hustle of the city and the slow pace of nature.
1. The largest nature park on the island of Montreal
Whether you are athletic or just love the outdoors, you will be charmed by the Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park.
This natural space is distinguished by more than its large size. Bordered by Rivière-des-Prairies and Lac des Deux-Montagnes, it provides magnificent views!
The Cap-Saint-Jacque Nature Park also offers:
A multitude of amenities
- Two heated chalets
- Equipment rental service
- Dogs on leashes permitted
- Wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for strollers
Activities for young and old
- Sugar shack
- Ecological farm and general store
- Historic buildings: Maison Thomas Brunet and Château Gohier
Everything you need to wander and take in the flora and fauna
- Swimming at the beach
- Snowshoeing (5 km network)
- Hiking (7 km network)
- Cross-country skiing (14 km of trails)
- Fatbike in winter (6.5 km of trails)
There is no better way to relax and take care of your well-being than a deep breath of fresh air, just twenty minutes from the city centre.
2. Close to highway 40
Pierrefonds is not only distinguished by its large spaces: its excellent location makes it a very popular place!
Located very close to highway 40, it is the borough of choice for quickly getting to the city centre by car.
Do you prefer public transport? Several options are available to you:
- Variety of bus routes
- Train station
- REM station coming soon
Living in Pierrefonds-Roxboro means enjoying easy access to the lively hustle and bustle of the city and recharging your batteries in the tranquillity of your home.
3. Quick access to shops and services
In addition, Pierrefonds-Roxboro never fails to offer everything you want to meet your needs and even more!
Its epicenter provides easy access to shops and services of all kinds:
- Grocery stores
Pierrefonds, Gouin, Saint-Jean and Saint-Charles boulevards bustle with commercial activity.
Your challenge will be choosing which places to visit first!
4. Ideal living environment for families and retirees
Pierrefonds-Roxboro is a wonderful place for families and retirees to live. It offers a peaceful and friendly setting. You feel safe there.
In fact, many families choose to settle there: 19% of the population is 14 years of age or younger.
The young people of Pierrefonds are happy to have access to:
- Reputable french and english public schools
- Renowned private school: Collège Charlemagne
- A wide range of activities, including a day camp for the holiday season
The tranquillity and enriching community life is highly appreciated.
Living in Pierrefonds-Roxboro in numbers:
- 50+ cultural or sporting places
- 53 km of cycling paths
- 80 neighbourhood parks
- 3 nature parks
- 2 large libraries
- 13 primary schools
- 2 secondary schools
- 1 vocational school
- 1 private school
Just twenty minutes away from the city centre, this location allows families and retirees to enjoy the benefits of the city and of the countryside.
Where to live in Pierrefonds-Roxboro
It’s easy to be charmed by Pierrefonds-Roxboro. Explore your options for living there.
Discover the new NOVA rental condos, a project that reflects the borough’s image: friendly and peaceful.
NOVA rental condos are distinguished by:
- Strategic location: worry-free access to the city centre and numerous public transit systems
- Simplicity and comfort: maximize well-being and relaxation
- Welcoming common areas: discover community spirit by taking advantage of the common room, the roof terrace, the heated outdoor swimming pool or the gym.